Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Challenge

Today I started a new challenge with Hello mornings. I'm in #HMC10 via twitter. I was encouraged this morning in the Word, but also to see others in the Word alongside me. It was an awesome experience! My kids were up before I even got started, but I sent them back to bed for an hour so that I could have some uninterrupted time...alone with God, listening to Him speak to me. I'm reading through the Bible in a YEAR! I've never finished this task before, so I'm excited to do it this year...at least God willing and if my flesh of laziness doesn't get in the way. I thought I was right on target and doing well until this morning during my time read/listening (I listen via YouVersion Bible reading...and read along)...anyway, I realized that there is evening reading too! ACK! I have some catching up to do now!!! I was thinking it seemed easy without much trouble getting it done...now I know why...I wasn't reading it all! I am slightly discouraged at the moment because now I'm not up to speed like I thought, but I will get there. I'm also reading Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. I've heard it's a life changing book. I'm excited! Gerrad and I started reading it a few years ago, but then life got in the way (the flesh of some sort) and we stopped. So now I downloaded the audible version and I'm listening as I read along. I've figured out that's the best way for me...listening and reading along. And with the new IPhone my husband just bought me (I love him!!!), I can listen at different speeds to "hurry" or if the reader is slow I can "hurry him/her up". :) I really LOVE it! Just give me a few days to do it.

If you want to pray for me:
1. Pray I'd get caught up on my reading
2. Pray that I'd spend time EVERY day so that I don't have "catch up" to do.
3. Pray that God would speak to me like never before
4. Pray that when God speaks, I will listen and obey.

Today I was challenged by Matthew 6:33-34. "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." God wants us to enter each day seeking Him. Out of that relationship, we will experience Him guiding our lives. (Blackaby) It was a good morning in the Word and walking with my Lord.

Have a blessed day with God!
Sarah

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all that you are learning and doing! You will get caught up . . . one step at a time. Slow and steady wins the race!!!

 
At January 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

So excited to see you blogging again! I think you'll really like that book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home