Monday, November 30, 2009

It's been a while...

I know that my blogging has been far and few between, but my mommy-hood and wife-hood have been WAY more important these days! Things have been busy, busy, busy around here and I am feeling it! Baby teething (she's fussy and not nursing well because she's stuffy)...wait two kids teething, one loosing them; potty training a 2 year old; discipline coming out of my ears!; reading good books; shopping, shopping, shopping...not for me really, but for Christmas gifts; family dinners...two to be exactly, but in the midst of our busy schedule it has wiped us all out!; putting up the Christmas tree and my other pathetic decor (not complaining, I just don't really care for my decor at Christmas...Gerrad has given the okay to shop for replacements when I find good deals!!! YES!!!).

So as you see...life has just called me to other things besides blogging. I really have missed it, but it was a nice break. My goal today is to blog TWICE...a new record for me. I am posting about a book we read on my friends GIVE A MOM A BOOK post. I am excited about this post! I am encouraged and inspired to keep reading good books to my kiddos.

In a nutshell, things are going well for us (except for the poop I stepped in this morning...that's a story for another day). I am thankful that the Thanksgiving festivities are over because that means for a few weeks our normal routine comes back and we can relax into it for three weeks...just enough time to relax before our house will be full of family from out of town over Christmas!

God has been continually reminding me that I am not to focus on me or my kids downfalls or my husbands short comings (though he doesn't have many...and usually it ends up being me that was the problem)...anyway, I'm not to focus on those things, but to keep my focus on my Maker and He will prove faithful and sustaining each and everyday. I am truly being refined in my heart and actions these days...it's been wonderful!

Okay, I know that was jumbled thoughts, but I wanted to touch on a few things that have happened this past few weeks.

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You stepped on poop?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home