Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life is a Gift

I am a healthy person. I have not had any major health issues and I am rarely even sick. I was 29 years old and KABOOM! KABAAM! God had other plans:

(the following note was written on my face book page shortly after the events)

I am going to make this the SHORT version, but it will hopefully shed a little light on what happened to me. On Sunday March 30, 2008 about 3a.m. my husband had to take me to the ER because I was very, very sick. We thought I had the flu, but the flu meds weren't helping. When I got to the ER my blood pressure was 70/19...the docs said I shouldn't have been alive let alone conscious! They worked on me and tested for EVERYTHING because nothing was making sense. They stabalized me a bit and admitted me to the ICU. After much testing they concluded I had Toxic Shock Syndrome. The toxins attack my abdomen, blood (I was septic), kidneys (I had kidney failure), and my joints and muscles (I was in extreme pain). I was in very critical condition for 5 days in the ICU. I was then moved to a regular room and spent the next 5 days there. I came home this past Wednesday, but will still not be fully recovered for about 2 weeks. I have to do physical therapy because my strength, mobility, and balance are very weak. God definitely allowed me to live and I have lots to be thankful for!!! I have a NEW perspective on life and everything in it! God is SO GOOD! Please continue to pray for the restoration of my health and strength. Thank you to all who were praying while I was in the hospital.

Well, it's almost been a year and a half since I was admitted to the hostpital...this time last year I was still recovering from the illness' side effects...WOW! What a miracle that God has allowed in my life for the past year and a half!!! I AM SOOOO THANKFUL! Hold on...

Okay, I'm back. I just had to stop and hug my little Deja and thank God for her. She is the product of a miracle and I know she will be used for great things as well.

I know God used this when I was in the hospital to touch many and I pray that He continues to use it to touch each of you and myself. I pray that I don't take Him or His works for granted...ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home