Monday, August 24, 2009

3 Hours

We were blessed by three simple hours today! A single girl from our church called me at the end of last week and asked if I wanted her to come over and play with the kids sometime so that I could have a break...well, today was that day! Miss Sarah came! She came with an upbeat spirit, an encouraging testimony, a smile, laughter, a helpful and willing hand and a white bag.

My kids were most excited about the white bag...it contained puzzles, stringing beads and patterns, books, and stencils! WOW!!! My kids were excited! They have all of these toys and activities here too, but these were NEW! Miss Sarah took all four of my kids to the basement to play and left me alone to do WHATEVER I WANTED TO DO! What? Time to myself??? I honestly wondered around for several minutes not knowing what to do with myself! The house was sooooo very quiet and peaceful. How nice! What a blessing...ALL THREE HOURS of it! I got my Tupperware guest list done, caught up on work emails, and took a shower. Ahhh, nice... Then, I made lunch. That was the odd part of the day. I was still being blessed, but making lunch was strange...no one was whining and falling apart, no one was fighting, no one was arguing, no one was hanging on my legs, no one was climbing up on the counter eating the lunches before I could get it on the plates. I put 3 lunch plates on the table and headed down stairs to call everyone up to eat.

To my delight the kids were all doing their own activities. Denae was drawing and coloring princess...her favorite thing. Austin was building with his "little" legos (a special activity that is only out at certain times). Avery was counting money with Miss Sarah and Deja was calmly sleeping in her pack n play. We all worked quickly to clean up and headed up stairs. Everyone was hungry and eat nicely. Miss Sarah read to the kids over lunch while I nursed Deja. It was wonderfully peaceful and enjoyable for everyone.

All 3 hours of our morning blessed each one of us a different way, but we were ALL BLESSED today!

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2009 at 1:29 PM , Blogger frontporch said...

What a fabulous gift from Miss Sarah! It's a good reminder to get out of our own little coccoons and do it for others now and then, too. God bless Miss Sarah! --Rita

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home