Friday, September 25, 2009

Our First Date

Well, it was a long awaited evening. A date night with Denae. Daddy James and I had been talking for a while about spending some much needed alone time with each of our kids, but it just hadn't happened yet. Why? I don't know...we just need to put actions to our words! So yesterday I was thinking about it again. I asked Denae and Austin if they could go on a date night with mommy or daddy who would they choose to go with first and where would they like to go? Austin chose to go with daddy and go play in the creek. Denae chose to go with mommy and wanted to go to Chili's for dinner, the library so I could read to her, and Starbucks for hot chocolate...like mommy, like daughter! She had her whole evening planned as soon as I mentioned it! She was SOOO excited! Since Denae is the oldest she got her date night first. So last night she and I went out. We ended up at Chick-Fil-A (Chili's was a bit pricey for our budget last night), to TJ Maxx to shop for a birthday gift for a friend, and then to Barnes and Noble for a Starbucks hot chocolate and stories. I could see the sparkle in Denae's eyes the WHOLE evening!!! She felt so special. As we were sitting down to dinner she said, "I love this date night and you are my best mommy ever!" Soooo sweet! And all through the evening she kept exclaiming how much she just loved date nights! It was all in all a success and we will go again. Now Austin is looking forward to his time out with daddy...although, after some conversation with daddy while the girls were out he has changed he plans and wants to go golfing...THAT should be interesting! I am looking forward to another date night with any of my four kids. I look forward to hearing their hearts spilt out on date nights, to having them chat about nothing and I can focus on JUST them, to having time for character building and godly training. Last night was joy and blessing for everyone!!!

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

aww! sounds like a blast!! Wonder what kind of date my little girl will choose some day?!

 
At September 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM , Blogger frontporch said...

We love date nights! We, sadly, are in a slump, but we did have them quite regularly for awhile. For years, Leisel & I had a slumber party--just the two of us--once a month. Super special time.

 
At October 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now that seemed like a nice time. Brian is taking Ezra on a date on Saturday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home